Our mission is pretty simple: provide small business owners and entrepreneurs with easy-to-use tools that let them build and grow their businesses faster. As our way of asking them to rise to that challenge, we hosted our quarterly Website in a Weekend contest.
Every few months, we invite customers who participated in the Website in a Weekend course to build a website for their business using Leadpages and submit it to us for their chance to win a full year of Leadpages Pro.
Our team of experts then reviews all the submissions to choose three winners, plus three honorable mentions.
The winners are chosen based on four factors:
- Copy: are the headlines and body copy clear, concise, benefit-driven, persuasive, speaking to the customer, and helping them solve a problem?
- Design: Is the design attractive, aligned with their brand, and visually congruent with the copy?
- Conversion-focused: Is it easy for web traffic to understand what to do next?
- Overall experience: Can visitors easily navigate the site and find the information they’re looking for?
Picking the winners wasn’t easy. We were blown away both by the volume of submissions, as well as the quality of them. Alas, after much deliberation, we narrowed the list down to a few truly exceptional examples of what’s possible with Leadpages in just a short amount of time.
Top 3 Winners
KONTA - Financial Reporting Software
KONTA.tech | Template: Sleep App
KONTA.tech is financial reporting software for companies that want a better way to handle their invoicing. And you don’t have to understand French to recognize this as a standout website.
Here’s what we loved about it:
- Consistent brand colors and illustrations.
- Clean layout with easy navigation: three top level options, with a secondary menu to explore additional product features.
- A clear call-to-action button with a demo request, linked to Calendly for easy booking.
- Short animated loops that use the HTML widget to bring the page to life.
- Repeated use of a section template to speed up the site creation process.
In Sight Research - User Testing Consultant
InSightResearch | Template: Marvel Virtual Fitness Studio
In Sight Research is a firm (led by Alexis Morris) that helps entrepreneurs better understand their customers and validate their ideas before they bring a product to market.
Here’s what we think they did really well:
- The whole website is clean and streamlined with a single CTA, so there’s no confusion about what to do next.
- Excellent balance of content and white space with consistent, on-brand illustrations throughout.
- The navigation is anchored to the top of the screen while scrolling, making for easy navigation and an excellent user experience.
- Copy is benefit-driven and clearly addresses the challenges and pain points of their target market.
American Crime Prevention Institute - Training and Consulting
ACPIOnline.com | Template: Change Agent
ACPI provides online crime prevention education, training, and certification programs for law enforcement agencies, businesses, and communities.
Here’s what helped them win:
- Excellent home base for training programs and resources for their target market.
- Great use of YouTube videos to help explain their mission and programs.
- There’s a list-building opportunity on every page to optimize lead capturing.
- The use of landing pages for webinars and resources is well-executed and easily accessible from the menu.
- The anchored navigation menu makes it easy for visitors to move around the site without scrolling to the top of each page.
A few more entries warrant a tip-of-the-hat as honorable mentions.
Adin Strategies - Strategy + Writing Services
AdinStrategies.com | Template: Write Way Copy
Nadia of Adin Strategies provides businesses with à la carte copywriting and strategic Facebook/Instagram advertising services with the attention to detail of a freelancer combined with the expertise of an agency.
Here’s what they did well:
- Clear CTAs throughout make it easy for visitors to self-select the services they need.
- Excellent use of different fonts and shades of green demonstrate a strong understanding of good design.
- The services menu is linked to individual landing pages for higher focus on conversion for those individual products.
- Copy is direct, clear, and engaging.
- Images of Nadia are bright and happy.
- She used the Paperform integration with the HTML widget to create a customer intake form.
My Energetic Tribe - Life Coaching
EnergeticTribe.com | Template: Lense Photography
Robin O’Donovan of My Energetic Tribe life coaching helps other people discover their greater purposes. She uses the website as a way to create community and generate leads.
- There’s a well-positioned lead magnet on the home page to help capture email addresses and build her list.
- The site focuses on the free offer of building a community, while building her email list on a separate landing page.
- Creative use of buttons and pop-ups in the FAQ section keep the page design clean and easy to read.
- Excellent use of personal photography for Robin’s target market.
- A replay video of a past interview helps Robin establish authority with her target audience.
My Coach Ray - Life Coaching and Training
MyCoachRay.com| Template: Write Way Copy
Ray Ciafardini, Jr., of My Coach Ray, helps his clients overcome a range of different challenges from general anxiety and phobias to overeating and self-improvement. His website helps him establish authority and generate leads.
- Testimonials are used for every headline—this approach helps underscore benefits in a unique and compelling way.
- Stock photography was carefully selected to provide positive emotional visual elements that aligned with the copy.
- The How It Works page provides answers to common questions that help further qualify potential clients and eliminate wasted time on consultations with ill-prepared prospects.
A big congratulations goes out to all of the winners. And to our honorable mentions, your efforts did not go unnoticed—great job all around.
Build your own website (and maybe even win a year of Leadpages, too)
Have a business that needs a website and a couple of days (or less) to spare? Take our Website in a Weekend Course. You’ll learn how to use Leadpages to build your own professional-looking, lead-generating, business-growing website like these ones—without the hiccups and headaches.
And stay tuned for our next contest so that you can submit your business’s brand new website for a chance to win!